10 months ago
Software Engineering Environment Lead
Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s banking transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics. Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern Lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse, constantly evolving organisation. Join us.
Due to continued growth we’re looking to recruit a Software Engineering Environments Lead in the UK. The Software Engineering Tools Lead will provide a focal point across Thales UK for the definition and deployment of engineering tools and supporting infrastructure, referred to as the Engineering Environments (E2). They shall ensure the effectiveness and supportability of Thales UK SW Development Environments and strive to improve engineering efficiency across the UK.
- In support of the UK businesses, define and agree the Engineering Environment strategy for SW development and release, focusing on tools, infrastructure, automation and service provision.
- Support the identification and deployment of new tools (including convergence of existing) in order to improve engineering efficiency.
- Define and deploy engineering environment solutions (tools and Infrastructure) working with the UK E2 Team, Domains and IS
- Deployment of application evolution, focusing on centralisation and version alignment across the UK
- Provide leadership and coaching to the UK E2 Team, with a focus on knowledge transfer / mentoring of junior members of the team
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communicator with experience in delivery of change in behaviour, culture, practices and tools across established development teams
- Strong Knowledge of the Software development methodologies and practices (Agile and continuous integration)
- Strong understanding of configuration management and control practices and tools
- Experience of deploying and maintaining Software development environments supporting efficient and controlled development and release activities
- Experience of commercial software development and expertise in programming language will be an advantage
- Experience of tools and infrastructure automation / orchestration, focusing on increasing engineering efficiency.
- Good understanding of Linux system administration
- Experience with the following key tools: GIT, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins
To play an important role in the development of a growing team please apply