about 1 month ago
Job IDDate posted 06/11/2020
Location Bristol, England
Additional Locations GBR - Fleet, UK
Company BDUKL - United Kingdom
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK as a Mission Systems Software Engineer.
About the role
We are looking for an engineer to join our team to contribute to variety of technical projects across our portfolio, integrating customers and contributing to the growth and maturity of our Capability.
Successful candidate will have opportunity to work in a growing, agile and diverse engineering capability using advanced tools and technologies, initially in support of our Training and Simulation projects but with opportunity to develop and contribute across the Mission Systems portfolio. You will be integrated into a faced-paced and dynamic customer focused environment and stretched to achieve your potential. Your wellbeing is also important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and with an ethical team culture and strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first time quality.
What we are looking for
To be successful, you will have excellent domain knowledge and experience of contemporary technologies, systems engineering principals and software architectures and methodologies.
You will be a passionate and collaborative engineer eager to work in an agile and diverse engineering capability with:
* Significant experience of systems engineering practices and principles (ideally model based)
* Knowledge of software and systems test methodologies and best practices
* Skills or domain knowledge in Command and Control Systems, Sensor Integration, Communications, Messaging Protocols and Mission Systems
* Experience in developing and applying continuous improvements to process and productivity
* Experience in providing writing technical elements of bids and proposals and generating new business
* Familiarity with Cloud Architectures, CICD Automation and DevOps paradigms
* Innovative mindset and ambition with a focus on customers, quality and our people
* Experience in developing technology strategies and roadmaps
* Mission-orientated approach and familiarity with modern software development environments and processes
* Experience in complex, real-time, multi-threaded, distributed systems
* Familiarity with source code control and document configuration management systems
* A "drive to action" approach with the ability to be resilient and flexible in a fast-paced environment
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Relocation is not available for this position. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK.
Experience Level: Individual Contributor
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.