11 months ago
We are currently recruiting for self-driven, passionate and focused embedded Senior Software Engineer to be part of the Software Engineering Team. Our software team are dedicated to the solving of real-life engineering problems on state of the art stairlift systems; you will be working upon Sensor Based Controls, Motor Drives & Controls, Communications and Safety Critical Systems.
You will work with highly skilled people who are proactive, passionate and results driven about what they do. We are guided by core values that include accountability, integrity, social responsibility, respect, balance, innovation, and teamwork.
This role is predominantly office based; however you will also work in our onsite development lab and test centre as part of the software development and validation process.
* Embedded software development within the V-model development process.
* Creation of software requirements, architectures and design from marketing specifications.
* Able to produce software DFMEA’s and test plans from product requirements.
* Responsible for creating high quality MISRA compliant, unit tested, embedded C code from design documentation for machines in safety and non-safety applications.
* Responsible for document/code reviewing and ensuring corporate/MISRA coding standards are met.
* Work holistically with Electronic, Mechanical and Test Engineers to solve real world integration issues on complex machine systems.
* Contribute towards investigations and analysis of leading edge developments.
* Continuous improvement for legacy products.
* Able to supervise/coach more junior staff to help their development and grow product knowledge.
* You will work upon PID motion control, sensor signal processing algorithms, communications, safety critical aspects and hardware interfacing.
Skills and Experience:
* Extensive programming knowledge in C is essential, C# and Python scripting languages are beneficial.
* Previous experience in with Safety Critical projects is preferred.
* Experience in developing requirements/architectures and design documentation.
* Experience of working to corporate and ideally MISRA coding standards.
* Experience in developing software for a real time embedded systems comprising of 8-32 bit microcontrollers ideally PowerPC and Arm cores.
* Experience of debugging electrical circuits and hardware.
* Has worked to V-Model process (or similar), and has extensive knowledge of debugging, version control, unit testing, bug tracking, continuous Integration, software build environments and similar is required.
* Able to interact and communicate effectively with all company personnel.
* Holds a good HNC/Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to software engineering, and has extensive experience of developing embedded software in industry or an equivalent research and development organisation.