4 months ago
Software Engineer (m/w)
Airbus DS Newport
As the European specialist in cyber security, the mission of Airbus Defence and Space is to protect governmental, defence and critical national infrastructure organisations and companies from cyber threats. Its trusted, high performance security products and services are able to detect, analyse and counter the most advanced cyber attacks.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are looking for a Software Engineer (m/w) for Airbus CyberSecurity in Newport, South Wales.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will need to ensure that
* all equipment is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards.
* tools, methodologies and coding standards are appropriately applied to achieve project aims, in line with direction from the team lead.
* technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired “technical” expertise
* take technical and task leadership from team lead
* design, implementation and integration of allocated software modules or components to meet demanding technical, cost, timescale and quality criteria
You have the following essential skills:
* Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
* Being familiar with a number of software development methodologies
* Knowledge of software component design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
* Being familiar with process driven software development
* Experience in implementation of embedded real-time software in either C or C++ or Windows application software in C#
* Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML
* Understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
The following skills would be a plus:
* Experience of full project lifecycle
* Skills in Requirements Management (e.g. using DOORS)
* Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
* Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
* Experience of formal software configuration management
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.