12 months ago
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role is part of a global team delivering new capabilities on strategic Treasury and Chief Investment Office (TCIO) applications employing Python and Java with a Micro-service Architecture.
The team has members based in the UK, US and India.
· Interact with representatives from the business to understand their requirements
· Design and Deliver software to meet these requirements.
· Work in a global team to deliver the requirements.
· Interact with other technology teams within the bank to ensure project is successful. For example interact with the teams who provide hardware infrastructure.
· Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications
· Participate in code reviews and ensure all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications
· Identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues, and review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation
· Implement all code and configuration components into test and production environments
· Demonstrated experience of software design and development
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a Global team
· A proactive approach to problem solving and decision making
· Highly self-motivated
· Experience of Relational Databases and SQL in one of more of: Sybase; Oracle; SQL Server
· RESTful Web Service
· SDLC tools such as: GIT/Bitbucket; Maven; Jenkins; JIRA; Junit.
One or more of the following:
· Strong Python
· Strong Java development experience including Spring, Java Multithreading, Security and Performance
· Experience of developing Angular for building User Interfaces.
· Experience with the Financial Services industry experience
· Experience of Agile development methodology, such as Scrum or XP.
· Experience of Test Driven Development
· Micro-service Architecture
· Messaging – MQ/JMS/Kafka
· XML, JSON, Protocol Buffers
· Tableau or Similar
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & C. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.