11 months ago
We are looking for talented engineers to help build great apps and services in the Sainsbury’s Digital Team. You will work in multi-functional, collaborative teams that are empowered to create a beautiful application ecosystem that is consistent, reliable, secure and performant.
What I need to do
• Write clean, well-structured and maintainable code
• Write tests and adopt TDD / BDD where appropriate
• Work collaboratively within a genuine Agile team comprised of colleagues from across Sainsbury's
How I will succeed
• Show a good level of understanding across a variety of technical skills
• Demonstrate and promote good attitudes and behaviours, such as collaboration, learning, sharing, respect and motivation.
• Believe in a DevOps culture - we build and own the entire stack, and endeavour to automate as much as possible.
• Help us constantly inspect and adapt our practices.
What I need to know
• Clean coding using Java 8 with tools and frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Maven and Gradle
• Automated testing using tools such as Junit, Spock, Gatling and Selenium
We are also doing the following, so any knowledge in these areas would be great:
• Deploying multiple services to cloud based infrastructure using CI/CD pipelines
• Monitoring our applications using the ELK stack
• Working with Node.js, Python, PHP, MySQL, Docker, Postgresql, Terraform, Ansible and friends…