about 1 year ago
Software Engineer Graduate 2020
Software Engineer Graduate, Bristol
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for those who will have graduated by 2020 only as the start date for the programme will be in early 2021. We expect to invite candidates to complete our tests in October with assessment centres taking place shortly after.
If you are graduating in 2021, or looking for a September 2021 start then please to our 2021 programme.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE WILL CLOSE ONCE WE RECEIVE ENOUGH APPLICATIONS
What’s the Opportunity?
We provide a range of products from high integrity software running on our weapon systems, to mission planning solutions integrated into a complex battlespace arena. Delivering software for the next generation of weapons in an ever evolving environment, to support those on the battlefield. We use numerous programming languages, software tools and software lifecycle methodologies.
What will you be doing?
You will develop the skills necessary to become a well-rounded software engineer. This goal will be achieved through a combination of technical training, four challenging work placements and development such as;
* Work closely with other teams in a variety of development stages within our weapons systems including both embedded and front end software development on a range of platforms, such as Windows and Linux, utilising C, C++, C# and Java.
* Ensuring the functional and technical robustness of project deliverables
* Be responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
* Work with other departments within the company, learning a general overview of the business,
* Organise and support activities such as forums, talks and presentations, competitions and charity events.
What are the benefits for you?
* Exposure to all aspects of a software development lifecycle
* Formal and on the job training provided for learning new programming languages and software tools
* A chance to collaborate with others in the annual multi-national Software Engineering Challenge – form a team to solve a demanding and engaging software problem
* Opportunities to travel – in particular, we work closely with our colleagues in France and Italy
* Potential to work abroad depending on project status for 6 months
* Personal development events and training throughout the Early Careers Programme scheme
* One external placement in another department within MBDA
* You will be given support, including 100% fees paid, to work towards professional accreditation
What’s great about joining this team?
* A breadth of experience and support from the team
* Regular informal meetings with other Early Careers members in Software Engineering.
* You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and systems laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development
What we are looking for from you?
Degree qualified by September 2020 in Computer Science or other science or engineering based degree, such as Software Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics or Maths or a related subject to a minimum of a 2:2
What would you get?
* Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,
* Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
* Annual company bonus scheme
* Continuous learning and development opportunities.
* Flexible working hours
* Fantastic site facilities
* Paid overtime
* 25 days paid holiday
* A comprehensive pension scheme
* Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
* Sporting activities
Please Note: We are also looking for Software graduates in our Stevenage site GR312, please to that role also if the location suits you (this will not count towards the max 3 roles)
Other roles which may also suit your skills are GR308, GR309, GR321.
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.