9 months ago
Tell me a bit about CORGI…
For over 40 years as the former national gas regulator CORGI stood for safety and reliability. Today, CORGI operates as CORGI Services Limited (CSL) and is the fund-raising arm of The Gas Safety Trust – a registered charity. Currently the CORGI brand is licensed for use by a carefully selected range of businesses, including Insurance, Certification, Van Sales, Warranties, Underfloor Heating, Telecoms, Controls, Technical Services and industry-related product lines. CORGI HomePlan was launched to provide expert assistance in central heating, breakdowns, scheduled servicing and general home emergencies.
The CORGI HomePlan business provides home services insurance and servicing (including boiler central heating, plumbing, drains and electrics) to approx 150,000 customers in the UK.
The team of 120 in head office provide services and support whilst the associated network of over 5,000 Gas Safe registered engineers are available 24/7 for emergency cover as well as routine servicing of home services.
OVO has recently acquired CORGI HomePlan.
Technology @ CORGI
We are a small team with lots of ambition, part of a company that is evolving and at the start of an exciting period of growth. This is your chance to be there at the start of something great and make a difference.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
* Own, architect, build and scale parts of our microservice platform and front end application.
* Drive both product and technical improvements.
* Communicate your ideas, engage with different teams and encourage debate and collaboration.
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* At least 4 years experience building scalable, distributed web apps using Microsoft tech, including C# .NET Core and WebAPI
* ORM frameworks (Entity Framework or similar)
* Dependency Injection
* Event Sourcing / CQRS
* TDD - Test Driven Development ( unit testing with mocking frameworks like Moq)
* SOLID principles / clean code / separation of concerns
* Experience with CI, and ideally CD
* Experience driving automation across build, test and release processes.
* SQL Server