about 1 year ago
Software Engineer - Controllers Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
In Finance Engineering, you’ll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us – a high return for the right risk taken.
Engineers in Controllers Tech ensure the firm meets all of the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Accomplishing this goal entails numerous activities ranging from derivatives pricing and profit and loss calculations to firm liquidity analysis to automated filings to external regulators. An ever evolving regulatory environment demands ongoing innovation to maintain scalable solutions in a changing world.
Are you interested in learning about risk and finance or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As a business software engineer in Finance Engineering, you will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management and financial reporting, while working in small, nimble teams to provide technical products that meet our constantly changing business needs. Our partnership with the Finance and Risk Divisions, respectively, directly correlates to Goldman Sachs’ core competencies – monitoring, measuring and reporting not only risk exposures, but also financial transactions. We engage with senior leadership across various areas of the firm, in addition to a number of divisional committees and regulatory entities. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
In Finance Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to achieve, what our shareholders would like from us, a high return for the right risk taken.
The Balance Sheet Engineering team is a skilled global group of highly motivated developers responsible for application development facilitating the computation, analytics and workflows around the firm’s balance sheet generation, unencumbered asset determination, client protection as well as a host of regulatory reports and financial statements generation.
As a member of this group, you will work with multiple other teams to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse across engineering solutions via the delivery of common services, tools, frameworks, and practices.
You will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of financial calculations and reporting, while working in nimble teams to provide technical products to meet our constantly changing business needs.
The team has presence in Bengaluru, Jersey City and London.
* Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
* Interface with other technology teams, federation and revenue producing divisions including Finance Controllers, Risk and Securities Division, to understand business needs and implement engineering solutions to functional problems
* Provide technical and thought leadership/ guidance
* Develop technical design, specifications & approach, high level/detailed architecture, testing strategies, and implementation plans for requirements
* Manage/ Execute end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and post go live maintenance
* Masters / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience in software design & development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
* Strong understanding of Core Java, Software Architecture, Software Design, Design Patterns
* Working knowledge of Database concepts and able to write basic to medium complex queries
* Exposure to Build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
* Natural in multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
* Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment
* An aptitude and interest in both technology and business
* Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
* Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
* Experience in Financial Services or Fintech is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.