about 1 month ago
As a Software Engineer, you will be joining Hive’s platform team and will contribute to building new as well as improving existing Hive services and solutions for smart home systems.
You will be involved in the latest Hive’s trends helping our customers to transition towards net-zero by developing solutions like electric vehicle charging and assisting heating customers to keep an eye on their energy usage and save on their gas bills by continuously improving the new Hive Heating Plus service.
You will be part of the team that is encouraged to investigate and adopt the latest technology trends to our services, is customer-focused by providing efficient and reliable components while at the same time is cost-aware in system designs. You will get your hands on a wide range of the Hive platform systems that utilize a large portion of AWS Cloud’s technology stack. The logical problems and solutions that we are facing in the quickly growing smart home industry will mean no two working days feel the same.
Covid19 made us to pack up our belonging and work from home, we have successfully demonstrated our ability to do amazing work from home, working flexibly has benefitted many colleagues and so when our offices re open hopefully later this year, we will continue to offer flexible working arrangements.
Package: We offer a competitive base salary, plus annual bonus, 25 days holiday, pension and private healthcare to all employees.
Location: London - with flexible working options (we are currently working from home)
What Will you be doing?
* Design, build, tests, and delivers incremental customer value.
* Collaborate closely with other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the services and the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
* Develop new services and solutions for Hive’s ecosystem and will be encouraged to give your input in their designs.
* You will be up-skilled to maintain, improve, or redesign existing Hive’s systems to the latest technology standards.
* Deliver services that are scalable and robust. You will have operational responsibility for your services in production - “You build it, you run it”.
* You will be customer-minded when designing and developing Hive systems placing the customer at the centre of all operations.
* You will contribute and document code into our GitHub repository, review existing code and pull requests, track the development progress of tasks in our Scrumban agile project management board.
To be great in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
* Agile-minded, willing to learn and adopt new technologies.
* Good understanding of the Test-Driven Development and CI/CD practices.
* Experience with at least two of the following - Kotlin, GoLang, Python, Java.
* Familiarity with AWS Cloud, especially with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, and CloudFormation.
* Experience with serverless.com and/or AWS SAM frameworks.
* Experience with GitHub, Maven, Gradle.
* Nice to have - experience with AWS EC2, Spring Framework, MySQL, AWS Cognito, AWS IoT, AWS CodePipeline.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Apply online now