about 1 month ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Looking for the next step in your career path? Accelerate your engineering skills and knowledge by joining a Cambridge success story and collaborating on technology that will be meaningful for decades to come. We are a large team, full of experts who would love to teach the next generation how to do what we do.
Arm designs and validates the new components for markets such as machine learning, high performance computing, mobile and the Internet of Things (IoT). The 'Fast Models' team provide Arm's partners - and engineers within the company - with simulations of Arm components that enable them to build models of devices that don't yet exist and begin writing software shortly after the design is conceived. Software developed on the models should work on hardware as soon as it is available; the model should also run as quickly as possible. Accuracy is achieved through close relationships with architects and users; the performance comes from using novel programming techniques.
What you will do:
* Learn about architectures and hardware designs while they are in development
* Implement fast, accurate models in C++11/14 and write unit tests
* Apply your creativity to improve the code
* Provide feedback to designers
* Participate in an Agile team
* Benefit from our new offices and solid DevOps support
* Use high end development and HPC equipment
* You will have a good degree in a computing, mathematical or scientific subject
* You have a few years of professional experience writing object-oriented code in C++
* You are enthused by new technologies and passionate about software
What will make you stand out:
* Knowledge of Arm architectures
* Experience with modern C++ (C++11/14) or Python
* Experience of cross-platform development for Linux and Windows
* Any use of modelling technologies, like SystemC or gem5
If this sounds like you, please don't hesitate to apply - we look forward to welcoming you to the team.
This position is at our headquarters in Cambridge, UK, which hosts diverse teams from across Arm including CPU design teams, GPU design teams, Open Source software development, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and our customer facing support teams. Cambridge is a seamless blend of distinguished historic institutions and cutting edge technology at the centre of 'Silicon Fen'. Our office is a new modern building with excellent facilities.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
* Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
* Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
* Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
* Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
* Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
* Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
* Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
* Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
* Be authentic.
* Seek and embrace differences.
* Encourage curiosity and challenge.
* Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps