4 months ago
Job no: 497031 - Work type: Experienced Professional - Location: Kings Langley, UK
The world is being shaped by technology and Imagination Technologies is at the very core. Working at Imagination Technologies means you’re a part of constant innovation. We design the key building blocks for market-leading chips that make your tech mobile, smart and connected. Now we’re taking things to a new level. Our Software Engineer will design and implement the GPU hardware module specifications in our C++ / System C simulation that will help deliver our mission to design a smarter future.
As a member of a PowerVR Graphics Simulation Team you will be working on the latest technologies and responsible for designing and maintaining high performance C, C++ and System-C simulation modules. These modules are used for hardware verification purposes and inclusion within our platform simulation as a software development tool for external customers and internal application engineers. You will be involved in every stage of the development life cycle for each project and work closely with several other teams of engineers contributing to our industry leading IP. Team members typically perform a variety of tasks within this area, including research, design, software development and verification.
* Design and maintain simulation modules
* Support external customers and internal engineers using the platform simulation
* Optimise and performance analysis of the platform simulation
* Feedback into the latest chip designs
* Manage and maintain regression tests used to verify module correctness
* Support other engineers within the team
* Be responsible for designing, maintaining and updating simulation modules
* Liaise with external customers and internal engineers using the modules within the platform simulation
* Write well-structured, commented and efficient C code
* Develop your programming skills and learn about the fundamentals of designing successful silicon in the consumer electronics industry
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
* C, C++ and/or System-C programming knowledge
* An understanding of hardware design principles
* Experience or a strong interest in one of the following: computer graphics or ray tracing
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to think big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your passion. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from smart phones to gaming devices, smart TVs to drones. It’s our creative culture that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join our mission to design a smarter future?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
At Imagination we bring talented individuals together from all walks of life to collaborate effectively and solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.