7 months ago
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will be observing and improving the tools, documentation, information, and processes used by the team. Identifying shortfalls and building adjusting practices or building solutions to address these shortfalls or improve overall development practices.
You will act as an advocate for engineering teams within Platform Services.
You will provide transparency into our development practices to Platform Services and collaborate across multiple lines-of-business to identify areas of opportunity, define priorities and deliver results. You will help to challenge the status quo to create a culture of continuous improvement.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
· Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
· Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages This role does not require knowledge of multiple programming languages, however knowledge and experience of either Java and Python would be especially useful
· Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
· Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
· Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
· Have experience of working in, or leading, a software development improvement practice before.
· Excellent communications. Ability to take complex ideas and share them at multiple levels within the organization
· In depth understanding of the software development process - CI/CD, Agile, etc. and opinions on how they should be applied successfully.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.