6 months ago
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Core Benefits: Competitive Salary plus bonus, private healthcare, 201 hours holiday and pension plus other great benefits such as excellent maternity/paternity leave.
What does the job involve?
* To work as part of a team developing TopSky Air Traffic Management Software and Systems.TopSky is a mature product sold worldwide, but evolutions of the standard product are required for specific customers.
* The Software Engineer will be responsible for performing software engineering activities on allocated projects across the full software project lifecycle (under the overall guidance of an experienced TopSky engineer and Software Engineering Manager
What are we looking for?
* Demonstrable experience of development using either C++ or Ada95 (ideally both)
* Proven experience of object oriented software development
* Working in a Linux environment
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!