5 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Our experts working in Data Technology and Operations (DTO) are leading the way when it comes to providing data solutions to the business. Our teams have developed, and are responsible for, one of the most powerful, large-scale consumer data sets in the World, combining detailed consumer cross-platform viewing behaviors with transactions, interactions, profiles, needs, attitudes and preferences across a wide breadth of UK and ROI households.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave.
As a member of the Development Team within Data Technology & operations, you’ll help deliver technical solutions that will meet the business requirements of our stakeholders. This will entail analysing developing, testing and deploying the appropriate solution through the development lifecycle.
– Produce deliverables that follow the development standards and principles, on time.
– Produce a detailed breakdown of development tasks on projects
– Adhere to the end to end change process and raise appropriate paperwork in a timely manner
– Work with and assist the other teams within the department and provide technical & domain input.
– Assist with the mentoring of associate developers and colleagues during the project lifecycle.
– In depth understanding of large scale data, such as data warehouses and their best practice and principles of manging them
– Experience of integration projects on large-scale environments
– Experience of ETL technical design, development and support
– Excellent SQL skills and understanding of RDMS and of Netezza
– Experience of Unix scripting
– Experience in an ETL tool-preferably Ab Initio or Informatica but not essential.
– Experience in Python, Java or Spark- desirable but not essential.
– Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and has a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about