5 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close- knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Analytics and Planning team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
As a Software Engineer, contribute to the company and team’s success by developing software capabilities to support the development of our OSS and BSS systems.
Focussed upon taking capabilities that have been built by our team of Network Data Scientists and introducing a robust software and systems wrapper for the provision of business services.
– Experience in digging deeper, understanding business problems and finding solutions by offering unique/lateral points of view.
– Experience as a passionate problem solver with excellent coding skills (ideally in Python)
– Excellent knowledge and have used at least one of the Python web frameworks, ideally Django and experience with databases, ideally Postgres
– Hands-on experience developing Rest API’s and wrappers
– Used configuration management & deployment tools, preferably Ansible
– Experience with continuous integration/deployment using Jenkins or similar and Interested to quickly pick up and work on new technologies, tools and programming languages
– Experience developing scalable web applications using the latest tools, technologies and Agile practices
– Strong programming skills; ideally Python, Systems development
– Understanding of database schemas and knowledge of SQL
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about