3 months ago
J.P Morgan Chase & Co.
is a leading global financial services firm, with assets of $2.0 trillion, and
operations in more than 100 countries.
We are a leader in asset management, investment banking, private
banking, treasury and securities services, and financial services for
consumers, small business, and commercial banking. Our broad global platform
and strength enable us to create long-lasting value for our clients. A
component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P Morgan Chase serves millions
of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent
corporate, institutional, and government clients under its J.P Morgan and Chase
The Private Bank at J.P Morgan is part of J.P Morgan Asset Management (AM). We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. We serve four distinct client groups through four businesses: institutions and retail clients through J.P Morgan Asset Management; ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank; and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management and J.P Morgan Securities. Our clients include institutions, retail investors and high net worth individuals in every major market throughout the world. We offer global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity. We provide trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individual clients through the Private Bank; and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management and J.P Morgan Securities. Our clients include institutions, retail investors and high net worth individuals in every major market throughout the world. We offer global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity. We provide trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
As part of bank’s implementation of suitability regulations, all products are rated using a proprietary methodology. This methodology is used to ensure that all investment solutions offered to clients are in line with their risk appetite and tolerance. Clients serviced by this business includes institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and individual clients with an estimated asset under supervision of approximated $255 billion.
The model is undergoing significant change, and a developer is required who can play a key role in the build out of the new platform. The platform has recently been completely rewritten using a cloud native technology stack, but further significant change and development is planned for the next 24 months at least. A particular focus will be engineering for performance at scale as the platform is deployed to support the US client base.
Technologies used in the platform are primarily Java and Oracle with some R also deployed. This role offers a great opportunity to work on an exciting, fast paced platform with a new codebase learning new technologies and techiniques while also collaborating with product specialists for a wide range of complex investments.
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
· Development in an agile methodology as part of a scrum team with all members based entirely in Glasgow
· Designing solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
· Complete control of the lifecycle – the development team is responsible for designing, implementing, testing, deploying (including to production) and supporting the application
· Degree holder in Computer Science or a closely related discipline
· Experience in designing and developing complex, mission critical applications
· Experience in any modern object-oriented language is required – this does not have to be Java. Knowledge of C++, C#, Go or Smalltalk would be entirely appropriate.
· Experience of data-centric applications using any modern relational data platform (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres or similar)
· Strong design and coding experience with proven ability to deliver solutions – this is a hands-on coding role and the role holder will spend most time writing code
· Experience of microservice architectures and cloud platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry
· Knowledge of market data platforms (preferred not essential)
· Service development using (ideally) REST
· Experience with messaging systems such as Rabbit or IBM MQ
· Experience with Jira and Confluence
· Knowledge of Git, Maven and Jenkins or TeamCity
· Experience with Cucumber, Fitnesse
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English, which are critical to interfacing with stakeholders across US/EMEA.