about 1 month ago
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
About the role:
Thales UK have an exciting opportunity for an motivated and talented Software Engineer to join our team of experts in Crawley. This role will be working within one of our growing business units; Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR); this team is carries out a wide array of services for customers globally, operating as a principle supplier of Unmanned Air Systems including the Watchkeeper programme and Electronic Warfare equipment such as Crownest for the UK Royal Navy, as well as an exporter of these capabilities world-wide.
This role will be joining a team of diverse and knowledgeable individuals within our Crawley community, presenting a wide array of opportunity for development and progression within the ISR business unit and beyond.
A wealth of opportunities for a rewarding career in engineering are yours – join us!
About the role:
You will be a key member of the Software Development team based at our state-of-the-art facility in Crawley .As a Thales software engineer, you will also help develop the next-generation of technologies, for which we are world-renowned. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other Thales sites in the UK and overseas. Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
* Responsible for delivery of software components / solutions through software development, test and integration activities verifying programme requirements.
* To originate, specify and prove designs to meet project operational requirements.
* To support forward planning activities for project activities and to support the generation of relevant development plans.
* To support the generation of project cost and schedule information and support the review of that data.
* To ensure the product is delivered on time and to budget.
* To support the management of project risks.
* To support project 'team building'.
* To ensure that project safety and airworthiness requirements are addressed in a manner consistent with company processes.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
We are committed to hiring individuals with a “can do” and positive attitude with willingness to learn and improve on skills and knowledge. We are looking for an individual with a good foundation in computer science and software development along with ideally the following skills and attributes:
* Experience in the full software lifecycle (requirements, development, test, integration)
* Experience in delivery of software components and solutions
* It would be advantageous to hold experience in some (not expected all!) of the following systems and platforms: UML/ Rational Rhapsody, C++, Ada 95, Jira, Subversion, GIT, Linux
* Experience working real time with appreciation of constraints in software development would be desirable
* Proficient programming skills
* Team player with “can do” attitude
* Innovative and agile
Great journeys start here - to play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now!
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
21 days ago
only 8 days until close
22 days ago
only 7 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 13 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close