6 months ago
There is no information to display under this section.
Sandtoft, DN8 5SY
Sandtoft, DN8 5SY
A vacancy has arisen for an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our small IT team, based at our Sandtoft site in Doncaster.
This role will work directly with our Systems Developer and will predominantly involve maintaining our business IT driven information systems and applications using a number of platforms, in collaboration with the relevant operational functions within the organisation. This role will also assist the Systems Developer with designing, developing and deploying new systems and applications for the business.
* Work in conjunction with the Systems Developer and the wider business, analysing needs, determine feasibility, solution definition, design, develop, test and maintain bespoke applications and solutions to meet the needs of the business.
* Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts.
* Assist the author with writing operational documentation.
* Produce clear, well commented, tested code.
* Integrating new and existing solutions on differing platforms so they work seamlessly together.
* Maintain existing applications and solutions within the business, acting as an escalation point for the helpdesk for problem resolution.
* Monitor performance of business applications and solutions, anticipating and pre-emptively tuning performance, storage capacities and licensing in order to maintain the optimum end user experience.
* Work with the helpdesk function in defining and identifying training needs, providing materials and internal training when handing a solution over to the business.
* Work with Corporate IT, where necessary in order to support the implementation, testing and deployment of centrally driven solutions.
* Keep up-to-date with current development tools, programming techniques, and technologies.
* Identify, propose and manage special projects in agreement with the Systems Developer.
* On occasions, may be required to travel to different sites within England.
Skills & Experience:
* Keen interest in software engineering or systems development.
* At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
* Good working knowledge and experience of C#.
* Good working knowledge and experience of MVC.
* Exposure to .NET, HTML, JQuery or CSS would be most useful.
* It is desirable to have some knowledge of T-SQL, SSIS & Visual Studio.
* Ability to work independently and use own initiative.
* Strong communication and organisation skills.