7 months ago
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Engineer - 9765
Job Location: UK - Towcester
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
Delivering and maintaining leading edge engineering software within an agile team using lean values. Developing architectural and process improvements.
• Collaborating with Product Management to translate Engineering Requirements into elegant working software.
• Developing within an Agile Environment by working closely with other members of the Agile Team on a daily basis.
• Designing and implementing code changes using Test Driven Development and Refactoring
• Working closely with the Research, Design and Innovation team to develop within an agreed high-level Solution Architecture.
• Working on all levels of the code from data and analysis to GUI.
• The product is based on a large legacy code base and new product development is done within this framework.
An individual with:
• Desire, passion and energy to work in a growing organisation to apply an innovative mind-set in pro-actively developing high quality solutions to customer centric problems.
• An interest in learning and advocating the use of modern technologies and practices to solve customer needs.
• A degree and relevant experience within the Software development industry.
• Knowledge/experience of mathematical modelling.
• Degree educated
• Engineering/Science qualification
• 1-2 years relevant experience
• Experience of developing/coding large scale applications
• Experience of a full software development life-cycle.
• Able to propose software solutions to high level product features.
• An understanding of development using Unit and Integration Tests – ideally based on TDD practices
• An understanding of object oriented design (OOD) and object-oriented programming (OOP) using either C#, C++ or Java.
• An understanding of the importance of good code craft.
• Able to decompose large packages of work into small incremental deliveries.
• An understanding of fluid dynamics, e.g. as part of an engineering degree.
• Experience of mathematical modelling and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics.
• Experience of relational databases and writing stored procedures – particularly SQL or Oracle.
• Knowledge of asynchronous and multi-threaded programming using .NET TPL, async / await, and Rx for .NET.
• Experience of Usability/work flow and GUI design.