11 months ago
Mercedes AMG HPP are seeking a Software Engineer to join our world championship winning team at Brixworth.The Software Engineer is responsible for Performance and Controls and responsible for Identifying, Specifying, Developing, Testing, Calibrating and Reviewing ideas that will lead to either performance or reliability improvement on the Power Unit.
Job no: 492290
Work type: Permanent
Department: Managing Director
The Software Systems Engineer role in Performance and Controls is responsible for Identifying, Specifying, Developing, Testing, Calibrating and Reviewing ideas that will lead to either performance or reliability improvement on the Power Unit. A performance improvement could:-
* Be any feature that result in a track performance gain such as fuel consumption, heat rejection, drivability
* Involve working in close cooperation with Product Engineering (Electronics) to develop a system
* Be any feature that allows operational "ease of use".
As a Software Systems Engineer in Performance and Controls, responsibility for developing and maintaining our SiL, HiL and Test systems is also required in order to ensure robust and reliable operation of the PU systems on rigs, dynos or at the track.
If you're successful in this role, you'll..
* Develop Software systems for power unit functions.
* Managing calibrations for Power unit electronic systems.
* Specifying, Developing and overseeing control system tests.
* Support and champion software development best practice.
* Provide rapid root cause failure analysis solutions to the business
Therefore we need you to be skilled at…
* Delivering solutions of the highest standard on fast paced and technically challenging projects.
Have experience of…
* Minimum of 3 year in a software development environment, preferably Automotive.
* Specifying, Developing and overseeing control system tests including validation tests on various platforms (HiL, Rig, Dyno etc.)
* Documenting and develop specifications and procedures.
* Hardware Schematic Review of Electro/Mechanical systems
Demonstrate Knowledge of..
* Knowledge of the full software lifecycle including requirements, design, code and test.
* Managing applications for high performance power unit electronic systems (ECU’s, Calibration Tools etc)
* Understanding of Internal combustion engine and Hybrid powertrain operation and control.
* Knowledge of automotive communication protocols (e.g. CAN, Flexray, Ethernet)
* Use of calibration, diagnostic and measurement tools such as System Monitor, CANalyzer, ATLAS.
Hold these qualifications...
BEng/BSc qualified (2:1 minimum) in Degree level or higher in software or engineering related discipline.
Software design and development experience using one or more of the following tools/languages:
* Visual Studio
In return you’ll get the chance to be part of a team with some of the best in the world, at a state of the art facility, with a very real chance to make history.
We look forward to meeting you!
Advertised: 24 Apr 2019 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Back to search results now Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these