5 months ago
As a Senior Developer you will work as part of an agile software team designing, building, validating and maintaining GE’s Power Flow and Advanced Application suite used by utility companies worldwide in the management and distribution of electricity.
* Develop new Advanced Smart Applications and help migrate existing systems to micro-service architecture.
* Maintain existing applications in GE’s legacy Distributed Management System written in C/C++
* Work closely with Business Analysts and Technical Managers to understand user requirement and design and develop applications to meet customer needs.
* Work closely with customers and project engineers to Identify issues and improve code quality
* Work well as part of a team or independently, showing initiative when overcoming obstacles
* Display a natural ability to learn.
* Able to improve product quality displaying strong refactoring skills.
* Implement automated unit tests and scenario tests to ensure release quality.
* Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Power Analysis or other degree with relevant experience.
* Experience writing software in C or C++
* Experience with Oracle, SQL and other database technologies
* Experience in all or some of the following technical skills
* CppUnit, Junit or similar
* Linux operating systems
* Interprocess communication (TCP/IP, UDP), Multithreading programming
* RESTful services, Web Sockets, Web Application development
* Open Source Software (Apache HTTP Server, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Kubernetes, Jboss)
* Experience in configuration management tools (Clearcase/Git)
* Experience working in software development methodologies (Scrum/KanBan)
* Familiarity with the electrical domain or power analysis an advantage.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Livingston