5 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
The successful candidate will undertake a variety of Software Engineering tasks as a member of a highly motivated team within an internationally focussed division.
Specific responsibilities for which the post holder has a requirement to deliver:
• Participation in all aspects of SW delivery. This will include the production of new mission critical software from requirements capture through design, implementation and verification and validation.
• Undertake maintenance of existing software for a variety of international clients.
• Provide user support and diagnose reported problems at node and system level.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
• Knowledge of a software engineering lifecycle and best practices is required.
• Ability to program in a variety of programming languages. Microsoft Visual Studio exposure to C/C++/C# and Visual Basic would be desirable.
• The Engineer will need to be keen to learn and prepared to work in both development and support roles.
• The Engineer will be accountable to the Team Lead or allocated Project Managers to produce all deliverables to very high standards meeting pre-determined deadlines and budgetary constraints.
• Self motivated, dynamic and capable of working as a member of a team.
• Open and honest.
• Ability to produce high quality documentation suitable for scrutiny by engineers and management.
• HND or Degree in Computing Studies / Science, Software Engineering or related discipline; or other qualifications plus experience.