3 months ago
Thales Air Traffic Management (ATM) UK develops, installs and commissions TopSky Air Traffic Centres for customers in the Global market. Each year there are typically 4-6 export contracts and in 2018, there are multiple customer opportunities in Dominican Republic, Uzbekistan, Cyprus, Azerbaijan, and St Maarten.
As a result, our ATM team is always looking for Software Engineers to work on our TopSky project team.
The team has 25 staff working on the delivery of the TopSky ATM Systems and as a Software Engineer; you will be responsible for performing software engineering activities on allocated projects across the full software project lifecycle, primarily developing and integrating software for the TopSky product. Due to the nature of this role, it will suit an engineer who enjoys working largely alone on the whole lifecycle of specific tasks, rather than as part of a large team.
To join us, you should have the following skills and experience:
* Previous use of C / C++ and Ada95
* Experience in Linux
* HMI developer using C/Motif and / or C/C++/QT
* Proven track record in the use of Software configuration management tools and processes (ideally JIRA/Subversion)
* Enjoy working on fast moving short term projects and achieving customer satisfaction
* Knowledge of Systems Requirements analysis and conversion into software requirements
* Previous experience of conducting customer acceptances in factory and on site
* Willingness to travel occasionally worldwide for short periods
* Knowledge of setting up / using monitoring and control systems based on SNMP / MIBs
* Use of PVCS configuration tool (some older software components are stored in this tool)
* Proven track record in Software development and testing at unit and system level
Due to the ongoing requirements this is a speculative position. But to find out more about working in this growing team, apply today!
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!