3 months ago
Belfast or Templecombe (Somerset)
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Working from systems requirements, scenarios and HMI specifications to develop software specifications and high level designs, perform detailed design, implement code, perform unit/developer testing and software integration.
* As part of the development team work towards a common understanding of the design and participate in reviews to ensure the integrity and robustness of project deliverables.
* Provide estimates and work breakdowns to project technical leads, committing to the delivery of components in accordance with the resulting plans.
Skills & Experience
* Detailed knowledge and experience of working across the full software development lifecycle.
* Software requirements analysis & architectural design
* Software modelling and design using UML
* Software implementation and unit test, using Java and/or C++
* Software integration and verification
* Design and implementation experience in at least some of the following technology areas:
* Windows,Linux, Solaris
* Requirements engineering using DOORS
* Model Driven Engineering
* Agile methodologies, e.g. SCRUM
This is a fantastic opportunity with an innovative, global company. Join Us.
Together We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!