10 months ago
GE Digital Solutions (Druck Ltd), design and manufacture a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that are utilised in a vast array of market segments. GE DS is a Sub-Division of GE Oil & Gas that employs approximately 39,000 people worldwide.
Whether it’s our work with providing high accuracy pressure sensors and instrumentation for aircraft engines and airframe, or innovative products and equipment for gas turbines and Oil & Gas industry, GE’s combination of science and technology is dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into the products and services that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic, goal-oriented environment, working with the newest and most innovative technologies in the energy industry.
This rapidly growing division is looking for candidates to provide Engineering design & support to the Pressure sensing business. The teams design innovative pressure sensors and test & calibration instrumentation equipment in response to Customer Product Opportunities (CPOs) and larger projects driven by organic growth and market demands. The team also provides technical support for internal and external customers, sales, marketing and production.
GE Digital Solutions (Druck Ltd), based in North West Leicester, has a vacancy for a Software Engineer to enhance its Software Engineering function and is offering an attractive salary and benefits package:
GE Digital Solutions has a vacancy for a Software Engineer to enhance its Software Engineering function. This rapidly growing division is looking for the finest candidates to provide first class Engineering support to the Pressure sensing business. The team designs innovative pressure sensors and test and calibration equipment in response to Customer Product Opportunities (CPOs) and larger projects driven by organic growth and market demands.
* Experience of development of software using a Realtime OS (RTOS).
* Experience Low-Level (Unit) Testing (LLT).
* Software programming language experience (C/C++).
* Experience in source control packages (e.g. SVN, Github).
* Some commercial experience.
* Experience of developing low level drivers for embedded systems (i.e. device drivers).
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Additional experience with code-writing in a variety of programming languages
* Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester