7 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content. Join as a Software Engineer and you'll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
As our Software Engineer in the Content Delivery Platform team, you will be central to a greenfield project - developing Sky's ability to deliver video products in new territories and augmenting the Platform across current markets in the UK, ROI, Spain, Italy, Germany and Austria.
- Building on existing open-source codebases to achieve best-in-class OTT delivery performance and efficiencies by combining with high-performance hardware and orchestration deployed across multiple CSPs & networks.
- Enable performance-informed decision making in components that support a resilient, efficient, international Content Delivery Platform, directing subscribers to content.
- Build on the continued success of delivering video services over existing TCP & HTTP/1.1 protocols while investigating lowering latency and increasing throughout with UDP transports.
- The role requires ability to design software from the ground up, identifying actors & entities within the project and delivering production-quality code.
- Demonstrate experience of writing for scale in distributed environments.
- Worked with a team practicing DevOps and/or site reliability engineering, is an advantage.
- Proficiency with writing software in Python or Go.
- Have production experience developing with C or C++.
- Used to working in a Unix/Linux environment and automating with shell scripts.
- Modern software development best-practice is your preferred mode of working, eg. use of Git for version control, continuous integration and unit testing, automated by Jenkins/Travis.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better