about 1 month ago
Software Development Manager
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a Europeanleader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and theworld's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Software Development Manager with proven experience in delivering Software solutions within an agile environment has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join our Secure Communications group.
Due to the continued expansion of the very successful Network Management Systems Centre of Excellence we require an additional Software Development Manager to delivery our innovative satellite network management ground systems. The role sits within an agile structure with a product owner and scrum master supporting the engineering manager. The key role for the Development Manager is to ensure the processes are defined and followed, the systems engineering is performed in order to maintain a s flow and system integration and test is planned and performed.
The manager shall be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle and thus have experience in requirements analysis, design (particularly using UML), development (particularly using JAVA EE) and test. The manager must have demonstrable evidence of the ability to influence, negotiate and engage in technical discussions with key stakeholders. The manager must be capable of breaking down large software projects into scheduled activities and ensuring development is undertaken to cost, schedule and quality. The manager must be flexible to travel in order to support customer meetings.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Working with architects/designers to define work items for work package delivery.
• Costing, scheduling of work items
• Managing implementation team in delivery of design to cost, schedule and quality.
• Identification of technical risk and scheduling of mitigation activities.
• Stakeholder liason and progress reporting
• Coaching, motivating and guiding team members
This role may involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
• Degree level education
• Software Development within an agile environment (Scrum) – full lifecycle.
• Software estimation, cost and scheduling.
• Continuous build environments
• Issue tracking systems
• Software & system integration
• Baseline management
• Ability to self-motivate and to motivate team members
• Ability to promote innovation in self and others
• Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner
• Ability to deliver to quality, cost and schedule
• Ability to follow processes but also challenge to improve processes
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you