about 1 year ago
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Engineer in Test (SDET) - 9072
Job Location: UK - Nottingham or Hampton Court
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
Mentor Graphics Corporation is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation, providing software and hardware design solutions that help engineers around the world create new and innovative products.
The Mechanical Analysis Division is an innovative group, producing world-class simulation products for thermal and fluid analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). We have developed an enviable reputation in our market over the last 25 years and are producing state-of-the-art products that deliver targeted solutions to our customers’ needs.
Position Overview :
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to work on our Electronics Cooling products. You will be responsible for the design and build of automated testing frameworks and for analysing and decomposing complex problems in order to support multiple development teams. You will be teaming up with product managers, software engineers and QA engineers based in Europe and the US. We have a great team that aims to help everyone achieve their potential.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field, or comparable practical experience.
• Experience of development and/or test automation in an agile environment.
• Scripting skills with languages such as Groovy or with automated test frameworks.
• Coding skills with Java, C++ or C# and relevant experience developing large software desktop GUI applications would be an advantage.
• Good communication skills are essential with the ability to collaborate and influence others to improve code health, testing and maintainability.
• Exposure to engineering/scientific applications, specifically CAD, CFD or EDA tools would be a strong advantage.
• Self-motivation, self-discipline and the ability to set personal goals and work consistently towards them in a dynamic environment will go far towards contributing to your success.