11 months ago
Job ID R54651
Nottingham Trent House (95002), United Kingdom, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Development Engineer - Platform Services
We issued our very first credit card way back in 1996 and have since grown to become one of the UK's top ten card providers.
From day one, our business has been about helping people succeed with credit. From innovative tools like our QuickCheck eligibility checker, to the way we're driving positive change across the finance industry. It's no wonder we're the only card provider with a 4-star rated credit card from Fairbanking.
About Platform Services Team
Platform Services team is part of the Capital One UK Software Engineering team. It is responsible for the technical platform supporting all Capital One UK public facing applications, internal facing websites, mobile applications or extensibility points offered to our marketing partners through third party APIs. We believe that building a well architected service platform is fundamental in allowing the business to achieve its long-term goals within our financial regulated environment.
What you’ll do:
* Deliver products in the cloud always considering scale, security, availability and performance.
* Be an integral part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and use your technical breadth and depth in multiple areas of the business.
* Design, develop and maintain high quality platform services
* Work collaboratively across teams
* Ownership of continuous integration and development pipeline
What we’re looking for:
* Java, Java spring, Maven
* Understanding of SOA, HTTP and REST
* Awareness of cloud infrastructure
* Problem-solving skill
* OO programming and design
* Coding Standards
* Microservice development
* Familiar with Agile framework
* Good communicator, willing to share and teach
* Team player
* Strong leadership
* Computer Science degree
* Worked in regulated industry, e.g. financial services, insurance or energy
* Delivered product or services in cloud, e.g. AWS
What’s in it for you:
* Bring us all this - and you’ll be handsomely rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation.
* We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve.
* We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
* We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
* Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
* Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting via our website. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).