about 1 year ago
Job ID : 87053BR
Location : United Kingdom - Loughborough
The Software Developer is responsible for developing modifications in the ERP system for Research Safety Division (RSD) Europe. In the role you will creating technical designs that after approval you will code and unit test ahead of promotion to the next environment for testing by the functional requestor.
In this role you will build a broad knowledge of technologies used within Thermo Fisher Scientific, and you will gain an understanding of the aims and objectives of the business itself.
You will participate in the systems development lifecycle for application with the primary responsibility of developing and testing modifications around the IBS Enterprise suite. You will be using different technologies such as RPG, Integrator, Transform, XT UI Panels, XT query, SQL, Java, Attunity, BI or other appropriate programming languages and tools.
You will work with various IT groups and business functions to deliver applications that meet business requirements. You will work within a team structure and will be required to comply with standards pertaining to coding, testing and general business practices.
You will provide support where necessary.
Role and Responsibilities
* Projects and Enhancements
* Technical Design
* Write a detailed description of program functions and steps required to develop the modification based on the Functional Design
* Peer review technical design documents produced by others within the function
* Be responsible for developing the modifications and creating/updating systems documentation
* Observe and follow development standards as documented and approved by the Development Manager
* Peer review code produced by others within the function
* Unit test all modifications before they are promoted to the Integration environment
* Perform Integration testing on modification coded by your peers
* Plan and prepare technical reports, memoranda and instructional manuals as documentation of program development
* Ensure that plans and documentation are kept up to date at all times
* Prepare knowledge documents and train the support team to ensure new modifications can be supported.
* Perform Level 2 and 3 support as and when necessary
* Organisational Knowledge and Relationships
* Portray one IT team to the business, working as a liaison between the business and other IT groups, being the go-between
* Represent the business impacts when a technology is having issues
* Resolve issues among IT partners off-line from our business partners
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Competent in
* Working with a high level of independence
* Prioritisation of workload
* Planning and organising
* Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Building and maintaining organisational relationships
* Behaviours, be
* Action oriented
* An analytical thinker
* An open communicator
* Compliant with IT Policies & Procedures
* Proven experience in software development and implementation of software solutions
* Proven experience of development in at least one of the following programming languages or tools: ILE RPG, Integrator, Transform, Java, XT UI panels, XT query, SQL, BI or Attunity.
* Solid knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. IBS Enterprise, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence) in a supply-chain environment.
* Knowledge of database design and file management techniques
* Working knowledge of industry-standard project management methodologies together with a broad understanding of change management practices
* Working knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Adaptable and flexible to changing demands
Education / Experience
* Demonstrable track record of success in software development
* Certifications in relevant IT disciplines
* Proven experience in implementation of software solutions
* Working knowledge of ERP systems in a supply-chain environment