6 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: 11-11-2018
* Reference number: 42053
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Graphics and Data Solutions (Development) Team
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive London, UK campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
Your key responsibilities:
Your primary focus is to ensure that the software products produced meet the client requirements and expectation, departmental standard of software quality and agreed delivery timeline and that high standards of communication are maintained with your business stakeholders.
A significant part of your time will be spent in live production environments. The post requires a robust, pragmatic personality that loves learning and seeks a challenge. Specifications are often minimal, and fast-moving requirements mean that you must be able to adapt ‘on the fly.
- Development of software solutions
- Liaison with designers, statisticians, technical directors, studio production staff, programme makers, and a wide cross-section of the business
- Liaise with Operations Analysts to ensure that effective and up-to-date documentation is available for all systems
- Proactively monitoring systems to ensure correct operation
- Development and refinement of throw-away simulation or prototypes to confirm requirements
- Continually assessing the effectiveness of procedures, and recommending upgrades to processes and procedures
- Testing, including defining/supporting acceptance testing and gathering feedback from pre-release testers
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Good written and spoken communication, problem solving ability, proactivity, awareness of the business needs and marketplace.
- C#, .Net, React, Java script, Cloud web services, SQL Server and developing solutions using Agile methodology
- Exposure to development utilising Unity, Viz, Chyron, games engines (Unity, unreal) or Clarity
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better