7 months ago
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Software Developer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join our Secure Communications group.
The Software Developer should have proven experience in delivering Software solutions. The Developer shall join a small SCRUM team to deliver functionality for a new satcom product. The Developer shall contribute to all stages of the software development lifecycle and thus have solid experience in design (particularly using UML), development (particularly using Java) and test. The Developer should have experience of working with microservices.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Development of code within an agile environment (SCRUM)
* Working with the team to design, implement and test features for a new product development.
* Task estimation in accordance with sprint planning.
This role may involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
* Degree level education (Computer Science preferred with minimum of 2.1)
* Java Core (version 8+)
* GIT source code management
* Spring Boot, Spring Framework, JPA
* Experience of developing within a microservice architecture
o Web Services using RESTful APIs
o Distributed systems
* Knowledge and use of software design patterns
* Agile Development Processes
* CI/CD delivery techniques
* Use of Issue tracking systems (such as Jira)
* UML/SysML using Enterprise Architect or similar
* Ability to self-motivate and to work well within a team environment.
* Ability to promote innovation in self and others
* Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner
* Ability to deliver to quality, cost and schedule
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.