12 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Making bold decisions is a big part of our history – and with talented people like you on board, we’re confident it’s going to be a big part of our future. NOW TV is our exciting internet TV that’s revolutionising the sector with a bold approach, fresh ideas and the latest technologies. We’re transforming the way our customers view content by making Sky Movies, Entertainment and Sports available across a range of devices.
As NOW TV are part of the Sky family, you’ll benefit from either: free Sky Q (one off payment required for installation) or a NOW TV premium package as well as an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
As a Software Developer you’ll be knowledgeable, experienced and passionate about technology, enjoy pairing with other smart people and use agile methodologies to ensure your projects and team mates succeed to add value to Sky’s products and services.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the development team within Software Engineering, you will help drive application development, building large scale, high volume and REST-compliant web services using Java in Cloud or container based environment, excellent core Java and Java 8 skills is a must;
* Active contribution towards key design decisions and detailed design and implementation.
* Participation in all stages of the software development, from initial analysis & design to implementation and post launch support.
* Contribute to and maintain the platform on which the service runs, including the full path to production.
* Investigate, troubleshoot and perform detailed root cause analysis of issues that may occur in live systems.
* Have an appreciation of new technologies and their use in innovative teams.
* Effective communication with fellow software engineers, the project team, management and various levels of the business to ensure the effective delivery and integration of these systems.
* Deep understanding of TCP/IP and experienced in the use of apache http libraries for consuming http based web services in an efficient manner;
* Software engineering practices including: design patterns, unit testing with Mockito, JUnit, automated build and test systems for continuous integration (using Jenkins) and TDD are a must;
* Experience using GIT is a must;
* Agile development, in particular Scrum and XP; comfortable with practices like pair programming and code review. Experience of pair programming is must;
* Experience of Dependency Injection frameworks like Guice or Spring is a must. Thorough and systematic approach towards troubleshooting and root cause analysis of production issues is a must, must be comfortable using Unix and should be good with common shell commands/scripting;
* Scripting languages such as Groovy, Virtualization using Docker and Kubernetes;
* Cloud technologies (AWS), Dropwizard, Gradle;
* Capturing JVM and application level metrics using Prometheus, good understanding of concurrency, multi-threading and thread safety, NoSQL databases (Ideally Cassandra), BDD testing using Cucumber, NFT using JMeter;
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better