about 1 month ago
Software Developer 4-20000KHV Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
are looking for a highly self-motivated and experienced devops
engineer to join our development team to work on our Oracle Cloud
offerings. We offer a chance to take part in the development of
leading-edge products, in a skill-enhancing environment working with a
diverse and distributed team of motivated members, a high level of
impact on the product, recognition of achievements, competitive salary
This position is in the UK ( location within the UK is flexible )
* UK located at the time of access
* UK Residents
1. "Residing in the UK" means living in one of the following countries: England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland
2. Minimum 5 years of residency in the UK, with no more than 6 months outside of the UK at any one time
* UK Nationals
1. "UK Nationals" are individuals who hold at least one of the following government-issued documents:
1. Valid UK Passport
2. UK Birth Certificate
3. UK Naturalization Certificate
* Design and develop cloud based OS management tools.
* Enable and enhance Oracle Linux cloud integrations.
* Integrate with existing cloud systems to create a fully featured OS management service.
* Develop automated tests for all features.
* Participate in frequent design and code reviews.
* Proactively suggest and implement service improvements.
* Participate in the active and direct support of the service.
Although not definitive, the ideal candidate will typically have the following:
* BS/MS degree in CS, EE, or equivalent
* 4+ years of software development/system programming experience
* Strong experience with the following:
* Kubernetes and container orchestration technologies
* Linux and Virtualization (systemd, package management, kvm, etc)
* CI/CD best practices (Jenkins, Teamcity, Git)
* Configuration management and systems orchestration (any of Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
* Monitoring and logging (Grafana, ELK, fluentd, etc)
* Operational excellence (customer centric mindset, high availability, troubleshooting, canary deploys, etc)
* Experience with micro-services based software architecture
* Experience with cloud environments a plus (AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
* Solid scripting background (Python, Bash, or similar)
of professional software engineering practices & best practices
for full software development life cycle, including coding standards,
code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and
* Comfortable with Agile Software Development practices (e.g. Scrum, CI/CD, Slack, etc.)
* Ability to solve complex problems, providing hands-on resolution
* Critical thinking and decision making skills
* Excellent communication in English (both written and spoken)
* Results orientated, an ability to manage multiple priorities is also expected
* Highly organized and detail orientedDetailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Product Development
Location: GB-GB, UK-London
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire