11 months ago
Software Developer 2-19000TK7
Since a recent 2018 acquisition by Oracle Data Cloud, our central Cambridge based software engineering team have continued to develop amazing products. Leading the industry in the area contextual marketing and brand safety.
Originally founded on pioneering research at Cambridge University by Dr. Martin Porter; the Oracle Data Cloud context group has deep roots in the use of natural language processing, and information retrieval technology.
As a software engineer you will work as part of a small autonomous agile team, taking full ownership of solving problems from start to finish. Working in a confidently agile organisation, you will know that the customer is the real arbiter of value. Your goal will be to amaze our customers by providing innovative and novel solutions. You will get to work with the latest languages, frameworks and toolsets, building software and services that lead the advance of technology in our industry.
What makes a great software engineer?
● Experience with one or all of Go, C++, Python, PHP or other object oriented languages.
● Familiarity with RESTful APIs, and web services.
● Experience or knowledge of containerised applications and orchestration id beneficial.
● Confident using the Linux stack.
● Desire to produce clean, legible code.
● Passion for quality, in your own and your colleagues' work.
● Driven to learn new things.
● Interest in large scale, highly available systems.
● Motivated to deliver real solutions to customers.
● Sound understanding of agile software development practice.Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Product Development
Location: GB-GB, UK-Cambridge
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire