about 1 month ago
This role entails working within the Software solutions team being involved in the Full Lifecycle from analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation of business solutions that enhance business efficiency and profitability whilst ensuring maintainability.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
* Working on all technologies and disciplines across the business
* Mobile development using Xamarin for iOS, Android and Windows.
* Business tier using C#, Azure PaaS, IaaS, Office 365 technologies.
* Data tier utilising SQL, PaaS SQL, Data Factories and Power BI.
* Working within the Software Solutions team analysing business requirements and provide solutions both independently and as part of a team.
* Liaise with Product Owners and Development Architects on requirements and solutions as well as liaising with Technical
* Supports and Network/Server Engineers for maintainability and product support.
* Ability to work effectively with people of many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
* Working with the team on best practice, standards and business process.
* Discovering, learning and integrating new technologies into applications to speed up system development or offer cutting edge services.
* Assisting the team to drive o Digital transformation o Innovation o Business Intelligent reporting and advice
* Documentation of systems, procedures etc.
* Business continuity testing Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
The role will also need to regularly interact and interface with
* Internal and External Customers
* Client IT Teams
* Rail UK IT Management/leadership team
* Third party suppliers/partners.
The candidate will be a team player with a flexible and dynamic approach to solving problems and designing solutions.
* Highly motivated individual
* Passion for technology and business solutions
* Utilise all work based opportunities to develop and progress within job role
* A proven ability to work independently using your initiative and as part of a team.
* Good communicator and good co-ordinator
* Good understanding of business processes and workflow for automation and digitisation
* Experience in documenting process, procedures and change management in IT.
* Enthusiastic & Determined
* A passion and strong understanding of the industries we operate in.
* Creative, articulate and flexible.
* Understanding of RDBMS such as SQL Server and ORMs such as Entity Framework
* Understanding and experience of Object-oriented programming technologies.
* Understanding of DevOps & Agile/Scrum including TDD, CI & CD.
* Strong organisation skills and high attention to detail.
* Opportunity to get involved in cross platform mobile development & Azure cloud technologies
* Passion and ability to learn all aspects of software design and development
* Proven ability in producing high quality technical and user based documentation
* Ability to generate and develop innovative solutions in a business environment.
* Excellent time and self-management through effective planning & prioritisation of tasks.
The position will be based in England, Regular National and in-frequent international travel is also possible as part of the role
Energy- Get up and go attitude of a leader
Energise- Lead, manage and inspire my team
Edge- Maximise my personal edge
Execute- Make things happen
Engage- Stay close to the client
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.