13 days ago
Software Developer -20000PZ0 Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
This is an opportunity to join a high performing software development team, in a senior technical role. Working for a global tech industry leader.
Since a 2018 acquisition by Oracle Data Cloud, our central Cambridge based software engineering team have continued to develop Industry leading products in the areas of contextual targeting and brand safety.
Originally founded on pioneering research at Cambridge University by Dr. Martin Porter; the Oracle Data Cloud contextual intelligence group has deep roots in the use of natural language processing, and information retrieval technology.
As a software engineer you will work as part of a small autonomous team, taking full ownership of solving problems from start to finish. Working in an agile organisation, you will know that the customer is the real arbiter of value, and your goal will be to delight our customers by providing innovative and novel solutions. You will get to work with the latest languages, frameworks and toolsets, building software and services that lead the advance of technology in our industry.
* Take responsibility for building solutions to our customers’ problems.
* Pair with team members to produce high quality software.
* Review the work of others and offer constructive feedback.
* Support and mentor more junior team members.
* Perform an active role in team planning, review and retrospective events.
* Work with colleagues to define systems architecture and approach.
* High level of skill with Go, C++, Python, PHP or other object oriented languages.
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs, and web services.
* Experience using containerised applications and orchestration.
* Confident using Linux and scripting.
* Desire to produce clean, legible code.
* Passion for quality, in your own and your colleagues' work.
* Driven to learn new things.
* Interest in large scale, highly available systems.
* Motivated to deliver real solutions to customers.
* Sound understanding of agile software development practice.Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Product Development
Location: GB-GB, UK-Cambridge
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire