9 months ago
Software Design Engineer
Job no: 496690
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Applications, Debugger, Electronic design, Tools, Windows, Embedded software, Linux, Product development, Simulation, System on Chip and System Design, Testing
With over 30 supported wireless standards in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 802.15.4, GNSS, audio and TV broadcast, Imagination's "Ensigma" digital communication cores provide the most comprehensive range of wireless connectivity and broadcast IP solutions in the market today.
As a Software Design Engineer in our Simulation team, you will be using C, C++ and SystemC to simulate our latest hardware developments. These simulations are a key part of our hardware development and verification process, and also play a critical role in reducing our customers' time to market by providing a fast and accurate development platform for firmware development.
* Design, verify, and maintain C++ and SystemC simulations of hardware modules for a variety of DSP blocks
* Develop and manage regression tests to drive verification and quality throughout the simulation and hardware codebases
* Collaborate with hardware engineers through the implementation and verification stages of the hardware and simulation development
* Support internal customers using the modules for which you are responsible
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
* C++ programming knowledge
* Understanding of hardware design principles
You might also have:
* Experience programming in MATLAB or Octave, and/or System C
* Some experience with scripting languages, preferably Python
* Some knowledge of digital signal processing techniques
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Advertised: 14 Sep 2018 GMT Daylight Time