4 months ago
Software Lead Engineers will work within a dedicated Project Team. He / She may be required to work on one or more projects concurrently as agreed with the Engineering Operations Leader and the Software Team Leader. The position holds responsibility for the software design and engineering within the assigned projects.
* When necessary leading a small team of software engineers.
* Daily follow up of unit engineers and own tasks to ensure technical schedule attainment.
* Reporting of project progress and resource status on a regular basis to the Software Team Leader and Resource Team.
* Technical input to & review of project plans as required.
* Identification of technical, schedule and commercial risks.
* Provide assistance to the Supply Chain Management Function as and when necessary to assist with the procurement and Sub-Contracting activities.
* Preparation and reviewing of Project Requirements and Design Specifications.
* Preparation and reviewing of the Software Products Requirements, Design and Interface Specifications.
* Preparation and reviewing of Test Requirements for specific software applications/units to
standards as defined within the Codes of Practice.
* Ensuring that System and unit Design Specifications comply with the contractual safety
* Preparation and reviewing of supplementary Project/Product documentation.
* Generation of work scope and task lists for the unit engineers on the project.
* Provide technical support and guidance to the unit engineers on the project.
* Definition of work required to be undertaken by the Unit Specialists.
* Technical liaison with the Unit specialists - Reviewing solutions to ensure cross-project standardisation and optimisation of engineering resource.
* Identification of project variation order requests opportunities.
* Review all relevant analyses to verify findings and recommendations are acted upon.
* Support of technical and project execution audits imposed by clients.
* Software engineering support during various test phases.
* Attend project close-out meetings/lessons learned.
* Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering or Science based discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Chartered Engineer or equivalent
* >Proven automation experience with specific focus on PLC and HMI technologies
* Ability to understand and connect into the wider BHGE and OFE business to translate business messages across organisation
* Experience in using analytical tools to aid & enhance product/offering development
* Deep understanding of Subsea Topside architecture and ability to translate that into a winning subsea offering.
* Deep understanding of Topside S/W methodologies and development processes & ownership of process improvements and quality
* Practical knowledge of NPI and project requisition processes
* Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales
* Ability to travel internationally as required at short notice.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills
* Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities
* Excellent report writing & presentation skills
* Ability to provide senior leadership updates in a concise and accurate manner
* Fluent English Speaker
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Production Control Systems knowledge
* Offshore certified and trained
* Product Lifecycle management (PLM) knowledge
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield
products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion
and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely,
with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE,
the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying
breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service
infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the
Locations: United Kingdom; Nailsea