3 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Software Architecture Leader demonstrates leadership in managing a team of software architects developing the HVDC control system. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. The HVDC control system is the most important part of the HVDC facility and we always aim to improve the system through standardisation and efficiency
• Provide leadership and technical direction to a to meet HVDC software design objectives
• Establish the technical requirements, design, objectives, timing, budget control, resources and assuring conformance to standards and specifications
• Manage the team, provide technical guidance and mentoring as necessary
• Execute plans to achieve goals, effectively communicating results to the customer and document the results.
• Be a natural part of the tendering process and own and drive the standardization process for the software delivery part
• Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Engineerings
• Extensive experience in leading a team and experience developing control system (Control and Protection) or equivalent knowledge and experience
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead a team.
• Lead initiatives of large scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate be a part of resource planning for several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: United Kingdom; Stafford
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.