about 1 year ago
Software Architect - McKinsey
* Experienced in highly scaled software engineering environments in a rich variety of domains designing, building and running production systems. For example using public cloud(like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), private cloud(like Cloud Foundry, DC/OS, OpenStack) and tools(like Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Ansible).
* Expert experience in HTML5/CSS and building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications
* Significant experience writing and utilizing RESTful API services and performance tuning large scale applications
* Familiarity with testing frameworks such as RSpec, JUnit or Selenium
* Experience with relational and non-relational data stores (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.)
* Experience with cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and modern architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, reactive architectures, event-driven architectures)
* Experience with engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
* Comfortable building processes, culture and organisations to help deliver and support large scale production systems
* Actively involved in the technology community, ie., contributing to open source projects, speaking at conferences, blogging, etc.
* Availability to travel up to 50%-70% across Europe
Who You'll Work With
You’ll work with Digital McKinsey in our London office. Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will be involved in leading agile implementation and transformation projects with our clients.
In this role you will be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that McKinsey’s craft stays on the leading edge of technology. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FOR NON-U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. For additional details
regarding our global EEO policy and diversity initiatives, please visit our
McKinsey Careers and
Diversity & Inclusion sites.
share this job
Job Skill Group - CSS Associate
Job Skill Code - DET1 - Digital Expert (1)
Function - Technology
Industry - High Tech
Post to LinkedIn - Yes
Posted to LinkedIn Date - Tue Jan 08 19:00:00 GMT 2019
LinkedIn Posting City - London
LinkedIn Posting State/Province -
LinkedIn Posting Country - United Kingdom
LinkedIn Job Title - Software Architect - McKinsey
LinkedIn Function - Information Technology;Consulting;Design
LinkedIn Industry - Design;Information Technology and Services;Internet;Management Consulting;Computer Software
LinkedIn Seniority Level - Mid-Senior level