about 1 year ago
Software Architect - Cambridge - 003LB1
As part of the Schneider Electric organisation, Spiral Software has a strong development focus, with over two thirds of our staff in software development roles. We provide industry-leading technology for the process industries, focusing in particular on the oil and petrochemicals sector.
We are committed to maintaining and building our technology lead making significant investments into research and development each year. Our tools are the established industry leader in crude oil selection and refinery modelling, allowing our clients to make optimal use of available feedstock while maximising safety and minimising environmental impact.
They play a business critical role for over 70 companies, including all the oil majors. Our new supply chain toolset, launched in 2010, expands the scope of our tools into a much broader market. A strong development roadmap will add further modules for scheduling and logistics management as well as addressing other process industries, such as food & beverage, chemicals, mining and pharmaceuticals.Job Profile
As Software Architect, you will be part of an agile team responsible for designing and implementing the software platform on which Spiral Suite is built. Responsibilities of the platform team include
* Building and maintaining shared components
* Designing and developing the application framework
* Developing server components
* Providing data storage, synchronisation and sharing functionality
* Developing APIs for customers and third party integration tools
* Extensive C# programming experience and in-depth knowledge of the .NET framework
* Strong engineering, scientific or mathematical background
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* A strong focus on code quality and unit-testing
* A good understanding of software architecture, design patterns
* Experience of Agile software development
* Developing Enterprise LOB applications
* Database engines such as SQL Server
* Desktop UI technologies; WPF or WinForms
* Cloud Services such as Azure or AWS
* Web development; REST services, ASP.NET, Web API
* Remote Procedure Call
* Windows Server operating system, IIS, Authentication and Active Directory
Salary and Benefits
This role enjoys a salary of £50,000-70,000 depending on background and past experience.
Our benefits package includes a discretionary annual bonus scheme, a share incentive plan, a competitive contributory pension scheme, BUPA health and dental cover, life insurance cover, and high-speed broadband at home.
We go to great lengths to maintain a friendly and comfortable work environment, including a fully-stocked, complimentary kitchen and drinks room, and a pool table. Combined with a continuous stream of interesting and challenging work, these have enabled us to sustain a happy workplace and very low staff turnover.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please apply on line.