about 1 year ago
Employee Status: Early ID
* Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 18037921
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Team/ Function Overview:
Markets and Securities Technology (“MSST”) Architecture Governance team provides leadership and support to RandD teams for the management of common Architecture processes and standardize toolset.
Role/ Position Overview:
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing architecture leadership for 1000+ applications that track and monitor compliance with enterprise requirements. Be the pioneer to use new enterprise technologies and work with application teams across MSST globally to implement those technologies and give guidance on best practices.
* Establish overall architectural viewpoints and oversight of organization standards and policies
* Develop and communicate ecosystem-wide (i.e. containers, stream-processing platform etc.) policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
* Work directly with MSST architects to drive design review, educate teams on new technologies, and assist with adoption
* Work with architects, corporate technologies, and security teams to define and implement best practices patterns and enterprise tools usage
* Develop tools to enable and to track compliance with software standards
Excellent opportunity to establish gain expertise in many different tools and technologies; make an impact in a large organization; and gain exposure to MSST business and technology initiatives. This position does not only require excellent technical skills, but outstanding analytical, leadership and influencing skills paired with great business insight. It is a cross-functional leadership role that requires alignment building and communication with all the engineering organization.
* Extensive yrs. experience as a lead engineer, hands-on architect. Experience with multiple programming languages, technologies, and Frameworks
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Keen understanding of regulatory control and auditor requirements
* Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
* Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
* Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages
* Data modeling and database design experience
* Applied development experience in one or more of object oriented languages such as Java, J2EE, Spring, C#, Python
* RDBMS and NoSQL: SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra
* Containers (Docker, Kubernetes and/or similar)
* Real time data streams using Kafka, Storm
* REST, MicroServices, Orchestration
* Direct experience with relevant technologies and concepts: micro services, distributed systems, SaaS at scale, private/public cloud, etc
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Any related technology certifications are a plus
* Expertise within the financial services industry is a big plus
* Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently, with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team including flexibility to support multiple locations when necessary.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills, a natural ability to work with and support colleagues, ability to adapt to clients and co-workers with different work styles and levels of technical knowledge
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
* 23 days paid annual leave
* Award winning pension scheme,
* Life assurance and
* Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.