9 months ago
Job ID R56846
Nottingham Trent House (95002), United Kingdom, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Academy Graduate Programme
Salary: Starting from £32,000 a year plus £5,000 signing on bonus
Help us humanise tech
Life in our Software Academy means developing solutions that define the way we work and what we do. You’re going to be getting your hands on the technologies that enable us to deliver great customer experiences – to humanise finance. So you can expect to be in one of our many areas:
* Experience Quality Engineering, building frameworks to automate our quality checks.
* Be part of our Dev Tools team, creating the tools that make the development and deployment of our software seamless.
* Support our drive to AWS in our Infrastructure Engineering support teams – you’ll be creating infrastructure frameworks in the cloud to support our 3 million customers.
* Keep our systems watertight in Cyber where you’ll stay one step ahead of cybercriminals.
And here’s a year-by-year breakdown to give you more of a feel of what you’ll be doing and when:
* Hone your skills within your chosen area in everything from APIs to mobile, big data and cyber security – you’ll get a masterclass in software engineering
* ‘Build solutions on the Cloud by leveraging Open Source technologies to totally reimagine our business’
* Learn how automated testing provides the quality that allows us to move at speed’
* Learn all about Capital One and the industry we’re working to humanise
* Become a master of Agile working and get used to daily stand-ups and collaborative designs
Year Two - All of the above, plus:
* Rotate through different teams to broaden the technologies and products you work with
* Use the knowledge and skills you’ve developed so far to drive real business impact
Throughout the programme, you’ll work side-by-side with product owners and designers to create ever-better customer experiences. And scrums, huddles and daily catch-ups will all become second nature.
You'll need to be well-versed in programming
We operate an omnichannel servicing strategy to provide great servicing experiences for our customers. We use the latest JS frameworks for Web development, native iOS and Android Mobile development and cloud hosted microservices. This programme is fast-paced and challenging – so you need to be a dab hand at learning quickly.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting via our website. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).