16 days ago
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What is the purpose of this role?
This role will provide technical support to the operational team, solving mechanical plant related issues.
Play an active role in plant safety schemes such as Near Misses or Incident Investigations, provide support where required and implement any recommendations arising from such schemes.
What will this role involve?
* Ensure maintenance team compliance with appropriate Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards, policies and procedures.
* Assist in delivering the Maintenance Teams KPI's.
* Maintain record keeping for pressure vessels, hydraulic hoses and pressure relief valves.
* Develop and implement engineering procedures, instructions, method statements and guidance documents
* To assist with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required, to ensure all aspects of Mechanical work are completed to program, in a safe and efficient manner
* Assist in delivering the Maintenance Teams KPI's
* Complete accurate maintenance reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
* Assist in identifying the failure modes for all mechanical plant.
What are we looking for?
To be successful as a Mechanical Technician you will be currently working in a similar position and have experience with
* Generic mechanical system design High pressure steam systems
* Mechanical applications for process industry
* Engineering design for Hazardous areas
* Preparation of work scope packages for installation and commissioning
* Various valves and pump types