2 months ago
Job ID R90728Location:
White Collar Factory (95009), United Kingdom, London, London
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Snr Software Development Engineer - Android
What you’ll do:
Work as part of a self-organised Mobile engineering teamto design and develop software features that are that are delightful and vital to the lives of credit card consumers across all walks of life
Work to achieve the goals and vision articulated by Product Management and your management chain
Your focus is on a major portion of existing or new team software (e.g., significant component, set of features, mid-size application or service)
Drive engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards, across your team and wider engineering teams
Innovate within your team, initiative area and contribute within your technical domain.
What we’re looking for:
* You have a proven ability to deliver high quality applications at scale
* Exceptional programming skills with a good working knowledge of Kotlin or Java and modern Android toolsets like Android Studio, JUnit and Espresso
* You are excited by the cloud/AWS and the opportunities that it brings.
* You are able to effectively communicate and partner across engineering to maximise inner-sourcing opportunities and reduce waste
* You are an advocate for quality and can lead the team leveraging approaches such as Pair Programming, TDD and BDD
What you’ll get to learn (any previous experience would be advantageous):
* Working with the cloud/AWS and the opportunities that it brings
* Solving real world problems and being comfortable working in a complex regulated environment
What’s in it for you:
* Bring us all this - and you’ll be rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation.
* We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve.
* We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
* We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
* Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
* Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting via our website. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Expand for full job description