6 months ago
OptaSense is a world leader in Distributed Acoustic Sensing and proud to provide vital information to help protect and secure the world's critical assets.
Drawing on decades of experience in the signal processing world, OptaSense is able to turn standard single mode telecoms fibre into a listening device up to 50km in length. OptaSense is rapidly expanding, with growth built on providing cutting edge solutions and excellent service to clients with security and monitoring requirements in tough environments. The OptaSense system has been deployed successfully worldwide and we now have operations in over 35 countries, in industries such as Oil and Gas, Transport and Security.
Join a challenging, dynamic and fast growing business with an exciting portfolio of international clients working on some of the most critical and exciting projects around the planet.
Job description/Person specification
We are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Field Services Engineer to lead, manage and mentor deployment teams to achieve operational business objectives and client quality standards in system installations. This will be for both permanent and temporary system installations of the OptaSense Fibre Optic Distributed Acoustic Sensor systems, across the OptaSense group of businesses.
1. To plan and organise logistics, systems, equipment and personnel for system installations and testing as designated by the Operations Director, Operations Manager or Project Manager.
2. The production of build and deployment drawing packs to company standards and the ensuing build and demonstration of the system(s) at Factory Acceptance Test.
3. To frequently (up to 50%) lead the deployment team (comprising both internal and external personnel) on global assignments achieving successful completion of System/Site Acceptance
4. Perform to company standards Test (permanent system) / System Test (demonstration).
5. To produce high quality reports (video / media rich documentation / presentations) of field trials / system installations.
6. To assist with prospect conversion and act as field sales force and primary OptaSense point of contact to clients during installations, exhibitions, conferences.
7. To deliver to client satisfaction, technical training on the use of the systems to end users, maintainers and installers.
8. To assist in the system bidding process by producing technical content of bids.
9. To resolve appointed client problems and queries via the OptaSense fault reporting system.
10. To liaise with the product development teams in order to provide customer and operational feedback on software features, functionality and suggested product/system improvements
11. To ensure and to uphold that all works are carried out within company and client-defined Health & Safety practices as well as those standards expected within the Oil & Gas industry.
12. The development and upkeep of system documentation such as installation manuals, system test procedures, operating guidelines, system specifications etc.
13. To Provide Out of Hours Support via a rostered Support Schedule, which will be remunerated via a Support Allowance
• The ability to plan, manage and execute installations of technical equipment in remote locations globally with limited support.
• The presentation of technical systems in a client focussed way both directly and within a formal presentation environment.
• Problem-solving capabilities in computing, networking and leading technology-based technical installations.
• Highly computer literate – adaptable to a range of applications – bespoke GIS-based software, Visio/CAD computer management, multimedia, as well as standard office applications.
• Able to design and document clearly within a controlled quality system the architecture of multi-component systems.
• Demonstrable track record in the successful planning, commissioning and installation of fibre optic sensing systems in the oil & gas, rail or transport environments on a global basis.
• Working globally for extended hours at short notice and within tight deadlines.
• Customer focused technical experience within a technology-focused discipline/product.
• Ability to detail technical issues and proactively manage issues to resolution using a range of tools and assets of the OptaSense group.
• Ability to interface with a diverse client base from a range of cultures and from a wide industry sector including the Oil & Gas, Rail, Transport & Military sectors.
Experience & Qualifications:
1. Electrical or Electronics background combined with an HNC, HND or Degree qualification
2. Experience in field deployments, installation and system testing, ideally in a Oil & Gas or Transport domain.
3. Proven knowledge of DAS or other relevant technology such as DTS or Optical Sensing Systems
4. Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety standards including Risk Assessments & Method Statements.