6 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
We have an exciting opportunity to work within our Traffic Signals Design team in Liverpool. Working on varied projects within Highways and Public realm projects you will be responsible for the technical input into the Traffic Signal Design.
What will this role involve?
* Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
* Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
* Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
* Plan and prioritise own activities to ensure effective utilisation of time.
* Undertake technical design work
* Resolve problems and issues to support the delivery of projects or design objectives.
* Undertake site surveys.
* Gather, extract and review data to produce technical reports.
* Take ownership of and resolve problems with minimum supervision.
* Provide technical administrative support including project administration.
* Build and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners, customers and clients.
* Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team.
* Assist junior level colleagues to guide them whilst ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards.
* Take ownership of personal development in order to build professional capability.
What are we looking for?
* HNC/BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or suitable alternative qualification in Electrical Engineering
* Working towards or hold an accredited certification in Civil Engineering
* Client focused approach to service delivery
* Design experience within a traffic systems environment.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD to produce technical drawings.
* Knowledge of relevant design standards including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.
* Awareness of contract documents and procedures including the Manual of Contract Documents for highway Works.
* Knowledge and experience of CDM regulations and other health and safety legislation.
* Knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 and Road Safety Audit procedures.
* Knowledge of QM and EMS processes.
* Extensive experience of traffic systems modelling software: Linsig, Transyt, Oscady.
* Experience preparing TR2500 Controller Configuration forms.
* Experience undertaking Traffic Signal Controller Factory and Site Acceptance testing.
* Knowledge and experience of UTC, SCOOT and MOVA.
* Awareness of relevant legislation including the Road Traffic Regulation Act; the Local Authorities Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations; The Traffic Management Act; the Highways Act and the Highways (Road Humps) Regulations
* Ability to work to tight timescales and budgets
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that good relationships with all external parties are maintained to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the customer.