about 1 month ago
Amey and Trafford Council are working in partnership to deliver environmental and infrastructure services for Trafford. The new partnership, formed in 2015, delivers commercial and domestic waste collections, street cleaning, grounds maintenance, highways services, bridges, road safety, street lighting and furniture, drainage and property services. The partnership will maintain and improve nearly 800 km of roads, 17,000 km footways, 150 structures, 30,000 street columns and illuminated signs and 37 parks, in addition to collecting waste from 97,000 households for 15 years. Innovative, new technology will be introduced across the services to deliver a more efficient approach for the Council and the residents of Trafford.
The Trafford Highways Consulting account provides the local highway authority function on behalf of the Traffic Council. It comprises approximately 32 engineers, technicians and support staff, and is organised into four teams dealing with Traffic, Development Control & Drainage, Highway Maintenance and Highway structures.
The account has a significant forward work programme of projects including:
* Highway structural maintenance schemes
* Highway drainage improvement schemes
* Traffic management schemes
* Maintenance and improvement of highway structures
* Integrated transport, public realm and road safety improvement schemes
* Greater Manchester Mayor’s Cycling and Walking Challenge Fund projects
* Highway improvements funded through developer contributions S278/106
* Carrington Relief Road
* Emergency Action Transport Fund
* Greater Manchester Growth Deal
* Mayors Challenge Fund
* Carrington Relief Road
What is the purpose of this role?
Manchester - City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza, M1 4BT
Due to the increased workload, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will support our continued growth and increasing workload through the production of civil designs, and provide a unique chance to join a highly skilled highways design team.
This is an excellent opportunity to assist the Principal Engineer with leading the Highways Capital Maintenance team working on highway asset management and the highway capital programme. You will take a leading role in the development and delivery of the Trafford One Partnership Highways Capital Programme of works, including Asset Management, Streetlighting and Drainage.
You will be working on the delivery of not only the One Trafford Partnership but supporting in delivering the Transport for Greater Manchester project and initiatives, Amey’s wider business community and stakeholders.
What will this role involve?
The key responsibilities are:
* Taking ownership of and resolving problems
* Prepare / Check project design briefs, health and safety
* Preparation of solutions at various design stages of a project; preparation of drawings, reports, specifications and estimates
* Support and assist in planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances, including all gateway controls.
* Develop and maintain the HIAMP for the client including reporting back to DfT TfGM and other Stakeholders, supporting programme development and bids
* Develop and deliver Capital programme of works for the Client, managing all stages.
* Undertake technical work checks and approvals of drawings, Health and Safety packages and communications programmes
* Understand/be conversant in using AutoCAD 2D/3D,
* Understand and manage UKPMS processes using Horizons or other similar related software.
* Resolve technical problems and issues to support the delivery of projects or design objective
* Resolve enquiries from Councillors, the public and stakeholders to support the delivery of the contract, projects or design objectives
* Prepare technical reports for both internal and external purposes.
* Provide technical administrative support including project advice and design assessments
* Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team
* Assist less experienced colleagues in ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards
What are we looking for?
You will have attained an HNC/BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or similar and be working towards or have attained Chartered status of the Institution of Civil Engineers / Institution of Highways and Transportation or similar.
Knowledge / Experience:
* The applicant will need to demonstrate they have the key skills/knowledge in the following areas:
* Demonstrate an understanding of Civil Engineering design to DMRB, HCWH, Standards and Sewers for Adoption
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD 2D /3D, MX and Micro-Drainage
* Understanding of Highway Asset Management delivery, Whole Government Accounts and UKPMS data gathering processes
* Experience of Horizons or similar UKPMS software systems
* Experience in working on both Local Authority and Capital maintenance and /or developer-led schemes as part of a multi-disciplinary design team
* Experience in Policy and report writing development, Highway Capital programme and Drainage and/or flood alleviation works
* Ability to undertake site surveys, including topographical and asset data gathering.
* Knowledge of highway design products, standards and protocols for scheme development and delivery
* Stakeholder management.
* Budget monitoring and project management
* Demonstrated experience in a client-facing position.
* Understanding of Civil Engineering design to DMRB, HCWH, Standards and Sewers for Adoption
* Understanding of highway surfacing materials CDM Regulations and street works permit schemes
* Knowledge of Highways Act and Traffic Act
* CDM knowledge
* Development of Safe systems of work and risk assessments
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental, and childcare vouchers
What makes this role unique?
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.